Maitland Family & Relationship Lawyers

The Family Law team at Hills can assist by advising you in relation to the complex and sensitive areas of children and property issues.

The breakdown of a relationship can be a very distressing and emotional time, both on adults and children.

We strive to negotiate and resolve all matters in an amicable and cost-effective manner.

However, if an amicable resolution can’t be negotiated, we assist by representing you in any court proceedings which may be necessary.

Family Law is a sensitive and difficult subject, so it’s vital that you receive the support and advice you deserve.

Family Law Advice:

  • Divorce applications
  • Property settlements for married and de-facto couples
  • Child welfare matters
  • Child support
  • Spousal maintenance

When can I apply for divorce?

You are eligible apply for divorce after you have been separated for a period of at least 12 months. The requirements are:

  1. You were married
  2. You have been separated for at least 12 months and one day
  3. Your marriage has broken down and there is no reasonable likelihood that you will get back together, and
  4. You or your husband or wife are Australian residents or citizens or regard Australia as your permanent home.

Does the law recognise unmarried relationships?

If you are living together with someone as part of a couple, the law may, depending on the circumstances, recognise your de-facto relationship.

Your rights will often be exactly the same as if you were married.

Contact us today. Benefit from Our Experience.

Find us on Facebook